Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

-Sam- A little too quiet

So now there's only four of us here.

That would be just fine, if we lived in a different house. But no, our house has the East Wing. The fucking East Wing that hasn't let me sleep in days.

First it was the sleepwalking. You already know about that. Wherever I try to sleep, I wake up in front of the East Wing door. I tried sleeping in front of the door for a while, but Spencer put a stop to that pretty fast. So I dragged every piece of furniture I could find against the inside of my bedroom door, to slow myself down. It kind of worked the first night. As in, I woke up on the pile of furniture instead of the East Wing. But after that...things changed.

Dreams. So many dreams, and they're all exactly the same. I'm breaking into the East Wing. I always know exactly where I'm going, and I'm always looking for something. As I feel myself getting closer and closer, shadows grow longer and everything starts to twist in on itself, and then I find it.

My parents, torn apart on the ground. My grandmother, burned almost beyond recognition.

And then I see him, and he's holding my sister. She's still just a baby and she's alive. She's alive. She's alive in the East Wing.

And as I'm reaching for her, he's reaching for me at the same time. And then I wake up, with unidentifiable whispers echoing in my ears.

Some part of me really believes she's still alive in there. And I'm scared that with only three other people around, I'll be able to break into the wing before anyone notices and drags me back out.

I know it's not real. I know it's not real. It's all a just a fucking dream.

I also know they never found my sister's body.

-Sam

3 comments:

  1. Oh my dear, I should have asked you to come with me. That way we could both avoid the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but knowing you, she'd end up as a crackwhore somewhere in Nevada. Whether part of our House is tripping constantly or not, it works.

    ... or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only have your word to trust on the East Wing, my dear. If I stay away from it, I'll be able to keep myself from making a few explorations of my own. I don't think you could stop me. And I doubt this, incessant curiosity had a natural genesis.

    And I take offence to that.

    I would never go to Nevada by choice.

    Heading over to New Jersey now. Also not by choice, I'm making a pitstop before NYC.

    ReplyDelete