Pages

Saturday 9 July 2011

-Sam- I'm okay now

So this morning I woke up tied to a chair, with the worst headache ever and only the foggiest memories of what happened the night before, and I kind of assumed the worst. Then I saw August puking into the sink and Todd sitting on the floor looking confused, and I remembered.

Then I threw up. All over my shirt.

I'm really sorry about what happened last night. I wasn't myself. It's really, really hard to think rationally when your entire (long-dead) family is whispering in your ears that you can't fuck up again and let anybody else die, like you let them die.

They did it all night. That's why I was fighting you so hard, August. I don't know what I said to you, but I didn't mean it, I swear. I'm so sorry.

Anyway, whatever that drug August gave me was, it didn't like me much. I had to throw up a couple more times after breakfast, then I went and took a nap. And what do you know. Fifteen minutes later, I woke up from a nightmare. Leaning against the wall. Next to the entrance to the East Wing.

I dragged myself back to my room, and it happened again. Fall asleep, nightmare, wake up, East Wing. I did it three times before I finally just gave in and curled up on the floor right where I woke up.

And for the first time since I was about nine, I slept without a single nightmare. I just woke up. I'm sitting across the hallway from the East Wing entrance on the second floor right now as I'm writing this.

Don't worry, I won't go in.

Grandma says it's not time yet.

-Sam

14 comments:

  1. Yet? Godfuckingdammit Sam what are you going on about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... what? No. Nonononono.

    For fuck's sake. I'm glad you're all alright, now stay that way. Someone go stop her from going into the east wing?

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's still pretty Looped, but I think it's under control. Worst case scenario she'll get another injection and spend the night with Doc.

    Also, please don't worry too much about her getting inside. Spence has the entire wing on lockdown and nobody could get in without breaking the doors down- and believe me, somebody would notice that and get her out before she could do any damage.

    (To herself, that is.)

    Sam, there are cookies fresh out of the oven downstairs. I left the bowl with the batter in case you wanted it, but you have to get away from the east wing if you want it. I'll be cleaning up in ten minutes, so you'd better hurry~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless y'want to see y'r boss'buck naked, drunk, and prolly half dead, I sugges' y'don't come in.

    Juuuuuuust sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't you board that entrance up? That should stop Sam getting in deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good god. I'm just happy you're okay. Don't do stupid things again. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeez, people. I'm not going in.

    I'm fine.

    Seriously, calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Achro
    We've tried.

    Boarding it up, I mean. We put wooden planks over all of the doors and locked them tight, but the next morning the wood was all gone and the doors had been snapped in half. Whatever furniture that was inside was shredded. Whatever wasn't shredded had been ripped in half. What wasn't shredded or had been ripped in half was burned. What wasn't any of those three things was just gone.

    There's a reason only Spence is allowed in there, and even then I really don't want anybody going in, but if the choice between is having the most experienced going in to try and sort that place out and letting it spread? Well, I would think the answer is obvious.

    (Remind me why we live here, again?)

    @Hylo
    It was hardly stupid. We had teammates in peril and you don't leave teammates to die. Maybe it wasn't the safest idea, but it was what we had to do.

    We all made it out okay, didn't we? Life goes on. There's no point in clinging to something that's done and over with.

    @Sam
    ... There's still cookie batter for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @August
    ... Don't treat me like a child.

    I'm probably older than you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sam
    Well, forgive me for offering.

    Fine. I'll leave it on the counter for whoever wants it later.

    (This is the first time you've ever complained about my food. Upset that I'm exposing your weakness to the blogosphere?)

    Oh well~ I know Spence will take it once I add some rum to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goddammit, I ate the cookie dough. Happy?

    I'm still going to sleep by the east wing, though.

    It's comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sam, I owe you an apology for the medication. The dose was too high, and I wonder if it contributed to some of your symptoms.

    But hey, it was either that or you'd have probably ended up hurting someone, or yourself, so I can't say I have too many regrets. Live and learn, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, you're right.
    I'm sorry.
    I'm just relieved you guys are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'Live and learn': the other Hippocratic oath. While I am rather thankful for your treatment of my flesh wounds from the other night, I think I still prefer 'do no harm'.

    ReplyDelete